This is one of my absolute favorite desserts, up there with tres leches, cookies and cream ice cream and cheesecake.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour in a large bowl make a well in the middle of flour,add dissolved yeast into well
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 2/3 cup warm milk
Prep Time: 30 minsTotal Time: 1 1/2 hrs
- FOR THE DOUGH: MIX and KNEAD for about 10 minutes addin more flour if necessary. Let rise in a greased bowl, covered, for about 45 minutes, till doubled in bulk.
- Divide into two parts and roll each into a rectangle (using plenty of extra flour to help with stickiness)
- Spread with Poppy Seed Filling all over the rectangle.
- Roll up each rectangle from the long end like a jelly roll, pinch seams to secure edges, place on greased baking sheet. Brush outside with a raw egg (will give golden color when done)
- Preheat oven 350 degree F.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (confine it into a smaller area, the roll likes to spread out), until wooden stick comes out clean
- Enjoy! Excellent with tea, coffee or milk!
Image source: http://www.cupcakesalwayswin.com/